‘Greek Mountain Tea’ is perfect for infusing any time of day or night. The incredible herb, Sideritis (the basis of Greek Mountain Tea) grows up on the rocky slopes in the mountains of Greece. Benefits include boosting the immune system and full of antioxidants. Greek Mountain Tea originates from Macedonia.
Herbal teas are referred to as “tisanes” and fit into the category of other teas – here leaves, stems, bark, roots or any portion of a plant infused in water to release its benefits. Steeping the herbs/ingredients in hot water brings out the plants’ benefits by releasing the active ingredients, such as essential oils.
1. Add 2,5 g of tea leaves, per 250ml cup, to the teapot
2. Add (preferably filtered) hot water up to 95 °C
3. Close the pot and let infuse for 5-8 minutes
4. Strain the infusion and pour into a cup
5. Your herbal tea is ready to enjoy!