Perfect for winding down after a hard day at work.
Enjoy as a soothing bedtime brew or add some fresh mint leaves for a refreshing iced infusion! While perhaps less-well-known as a herbal infusion compared to chamomile or peppermint, verbena (vervain) has a delicious, delicate flavour with lemony notes and is also caffeine- and theine-free which can add to a good night’s sleep. Sit back and relax with a soothing cup of our Verbena tea.Verbena Officinalis, the common vervain or common verbena, is the type species and native to Europe. Origin Morocco.
Herbal teas are referred to as “tisanes” and fit into the category of other teas – here leaves, stems, bark, roots or any portion of a plant infused in water to release its benefits. Steeping the herbs/ingredients in hot water brings out the plants’ benefits by releasing the active ingredients, such as essential oils.
1. Add 2,5 g of tea leaves, per 250ml cup, to the teapot
2. Add (preferably filtered) hot water up to 95 °C
3. Close the pot and let infuse for 5-8 minutes
4. Strain the infusion and pour into a cup
5. Your herbal tea is ready to enjoy!