Matcha Latte 2 GO organic is an organic green tea from Japan and one of the new additions to the collection.
1. Measure out 1-2 teaspoons of quality matcha tea powder (approx. 2.5 g) using a spoon or fine sieve to avoid lumps.
2. In a bowl, add a small amount of hot water (approx. 60-70 ml) heated to around 70-80°C (158-176°F). Use filtered water for best flavor.
3. Using a bamboo whisk called a "chasen", vigorously whisk the matcha powder and hot water in a "W" or "M" motion. Keep whisking until you obtain a smooth, creamy foam.
4. Meanwhile, heat about 180-200 ml of milk (or a vegan alternative) until hot, but not boiling.
5. Add the hot milk to the bowl containing the matcha foam. You can use the back of a spoon to hold the foam in place while you pour in the milk, then gently release the foam to the surface.